In Extreme Exploration by John Malam, part of the Difficult and Dangerous series, you can read about men and women who dared to venture into uncharted land and seas:
- Ferdinand Magellan and his crew, the first men to sail around the world,
- David Livingstone, who set out to bring Christianity to Africa
- Mary Kingsley, the Victorian woman who explored Western Africa and lived with cannibals
- Ernest Shackleton, the Antarctica explorer who survived a shipwreck and extreme conditions
- Neil Armstrong, the first man to set foot on the moon
Extreme Exploration is loaded with full color drawings, quotes, and photos. It’s a fun, quick read into some of history’s most famous adventurers.